RR Patil back as Maharashtra Home Minister
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government is finally in place with RR Patil back as the Home Minister of the state. The former home minister who got a lot of flak for calling the Mumbai terror attacks a minor incident and taking Bollywood stars on a terror tour right after 26/11 was forced to resign.
However, less than a year after the incident Patil has got back his old portfolio.
NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s nephew Ajit Pawar would handle Power portfolio, in addition to the Water Resources Ministry he handled earlier. NCP leader Jayant Patil, who was home minister in the outgoing government, would now handle Rural Development Ministry, party sources said.
Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal would continue to hold his Public Works Department portfolio while Jaydutt Shilsagar will handle Public Enterprises.
Sunil Tatkare, who was Power Minister in the earlier government, would be the new Finance Minister.
Senior Congress leader Narayan Rane would be the new Revenue Minister. The Industry portfolio earlier handled by Rane will now be handled by Rajendra Darda.
Patangrao Kadam who earlier held Revenue portfolio would be the new Forest Minister, sources said.
Harshvardhan Patil of Congress has retained his Cooperatives, Marketing and Parliamentary Affairs portfolios. NCP leader Anil Deshmukh will be Food and Civil Supplies Minister, Laxman Dhoble Water Supply and Rajesh Tope will be Minister for Higher and Technical Education.
Balasaheb Thorat will continue to hold Agriculture portfolio, Suresh Shetty Public Health, Shivajirao Moghe Social Justice and Subhash Zanak Women and Child Welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?