Rs 10-lakh interim payment for victim families: AI
Mumbai: Air India on Monday said that it has
decided to release an immediate interim payment of Rs 10-lakh
to the family members of each victim of the Mangalore air-
Besides, the family members of victims below 12-years of
age would be provided Rs five-lakh as interim compensation,
the airline said.
"To provide immediate relief to the family members of the
deceased and injured passengers, Air India Charters has
decided to release an interim payment of Rs 10-lakh. For
passengers below the age of 12, it has been decided to provide
a relief of Rs five-lakh," Air India spokesperson Harpreet
Singh De told reporters here.
Air India will pay an interim compensation of Rs two-lakh
to the family of each injured passenger, she said.
The bodies of 122 passengers who died in the Mangalore
plane crash have been handed over to their family members and
relatives, she said, adding 22 bodies are yet to be
The bodies of the three-crew members including air-
hostess Tejal Kamulkar, co-pilot H S Ahluwalia, and Flight
Commander Z Glusica, have also been identified.
But the body of another crew-member Sujata Survase has
not yet been identified, the spokesperson said, adding 80 DNA
samples have been taken for identifying the deceased.
Six centres - Mumbai, Chennai, Kozhikode, Delhi, Dubai
and Mangalore - has been set up for facilitating claims for
"Air India is trying its best to provide all assistance
to the passengers` family members. Our priority now is to
ensure that we provide relief in the form of compensation to
the victims` family members," she said.
The spokesperson, however, declined to comment on the
on-going investigations into the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video