Rs 10-lakh interim payment for victim families: AI
Mumbai: Air India on Monday said that it has
decided to release an immediate interim payment of Rs 10-lakh
to the family members of each victim of the Mangalore air-
Besides, the family members of victims below 12-years of
age would be provided Rs five-lakh as interim compensation,
the airline said.
"To provide immediate relief to the family members of the
deceased and injured passengers, Air India Charters has
decided to release an interim payment of Rs 10-lakh. For
passengers below the age of 12, it has been decided to provide
a relief of Rs five-lakh," Air India spokesperson Harpreet
Singh De told reporters here.
Air India will pay an interim compensation of Rs two-lakh
to the family of each injured passenger, she said.
The bodies of 122 passengers who died in the Mangalore
plane crash have been handed over to their family members and
relatives, she said, adding 22 bodies are yet to be
The bodies of the three-crew members including air-
hostess Tejal Kamulkar, co-pilot H S Ahluwalia, and Flight
Commander Z Glusica, have also been identified.
But the body of another crew-member Sujata Survase has
not yet been identified, the spokesperson said, adding 80 DNA
samples have been taken for identifying the deceased.
Six centres - Mumbai, Chennai, Kozhikode, Delhi, Dubai
and Mangalore - has been set up for facilitating claims for
"Air India is trying its best to provide all assistance
to the passengers` family members. Our priority now is to
ensure that we provide relief in the form of compensation to
the victims` family members," she said.
The spokesperson, however, declined to comment on the
on-going investigations into the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- US forces on ground in Syria aiding key anti-IS fight
- See pics: Tim Kopra shares exquisite scenic views of two places in Africa!
- Labour reforms not essential for industrial growth: FM Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's Pakistan policy is courageous and realistic, believe 79% Indians: Survey on 2 years of NDA
- Investor wealth surges by over Rs 2.69 lakh crore in three days