Rs 1300 Cr foreign funds spent on religious works
New Delhi: Over Rs 1300 crore received as foreign contribution by Indian NGOs during 2005-10 has been spent on religious functions, publication of religious
literature and education of priests and preachers.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that a total of Rs 39,578.79 crore was received by thousands of NGOs across the country of which Rs 406.47 crore have been spent for organising various religious functions.
Rs 182.44 crore has been spent for publication and distribution of religious literature while Rs 737.28 crore has been spent for setting up religious schools and education of priests and preachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk