Rs 1300 Cr foreign funds spent on religious works
New Delhi: Over Rs 1300 crore received as foreign contribution by Indian NGOs during 2005-10 has been spent on religious functions, publication of religious
literature and education of priests and preachers.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that a total of Rs 39,578.79 crore was received by thousands of NGOs across the country of which Rs 406.47 crore have been spent for organising various religious functions.
Rs 182.44 crore has been spent for publication and distribution of religious literature while Rs 737.28 crore has been spent for setting up religious schools and education of priests and preachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi