Rs 1300 Cr foreign funds spent on religious works
New Delhi: Over Rs 1300 crore received as foreign contribution by Indian NGOs during 2005-10 has been spent on religious functions, publication of religious
literature and education of priests and preachers.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that a total of Rs 39,578.79 crore was received by thousands of NGOs across the country of which Rs 406.47 crore have been spent for organising various religious functions.
Rs 182.44 crore has been spent for publication and distribution of religious literature while Rs 737.28 crore has been spent for setting up religious schools and education of priests and preachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof