Rs 1300 Cr foreign funds spent on religious works
New Delhi: Over Rs 1300 crore received as foreign contribution by Indian NGOs during 2005-10 has been spent on religious functions, publication of religious
literature and education of priests and preachers.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that a total of Rs 39,578.79 crore was received by thousands of NGOs across the country of which Rs 406.47 crore have been spent for organising various religious functions.
Rs 182.44 crore has been spent for publication and distribution of religious literature while Rs 737.28 crore has been spent for setting up religious schools and education of priests and preachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city