Rs 1300 Cr foreign funds spent on religious works
New Delhi: Over Rs 1300 crore received as foreign contribution by Indian NGOs during 2005-10 has been spent on religious functions, publication of religious
literature and education of priests and preachers.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that a total of Rs 39,578.79 crore was received by thousands of NGOs across the country of which Rs 406.47 crore have been spent for organising various religious functions.
Rs 182.44 crore has been spent for publication and distribution of religious literature while Rs 737.28 crore has been spent for setting up religious schools and education of priests and preachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'