Rs 1,937 crore road plan along India-China border
New Delhi: The government has decided to
undertake a multi-crore plan for better road connectivity
along the India-China border to smoothen the movement of men
and material of the border-guarding forces deployed there.
The government will undertake the phase-wise construction
of 27 road links totalling 804 km at an estimated cost of Rs
"To redress the situation arising out of poor connectivity,
which has hampered the operational capability of border
guarding forces deployed along the Indo-China border, the
government had decided to undertake phase-wise construction of
27 road links totalling 804 km," the Annual Report for 2009-10
of the Ministry of Home Affairs said.
The report said the construction will take place in the
border area along the India-China border in Jammu and Kashmir,
Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal
Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs 1,937 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?