Rs 1,937 crore road plan along India-China border
New Delhi: The government has decided to
undertake a multi-crore plan for better road connectivity
along the India-China border to smoothen the movement of men
and material of the border-guarding forces deployed there.
The government will undertake the phase-wise construction
of 27 road links totalling 804 km at an estimated cost of Rs
"To redress the situation arising out of poor connectivity,
which has hampered the operational capability of border
guarding forces deployed along the Indo-China border, the
government had decided to undertake phase-wise construction of
27 road links totalling 804 km," the Annual Report for 2009-10
of the Ministry of Home Affairs said.
The report said the construction will take place in the
border area along the India-China border in Jammu and Kashmir,
Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal
Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs 1,937 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India