Rs 2 crore for PM`s relief fund for Ladakh quake victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
was on Thursday handed over Rs two crore by the Punjab Kesari Group,
Jalandhar for the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund to be utilised
by persons affected by earthquake in Ladakh last year.
Vijay Kumar Chopra, Editor-in-Chief of the group,
handed over bank drafts from readers of the newspaper to
The readers had contributed amounts from Rs 2,500
upwards. One reader had sent in Rs 25 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice