Rs 2 crore for PM`s relief fund for Ladakh quake victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
was on Thursday handed over Rs two crore by the Punjab Kesari Group,
Jalandhar for the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund to be utilised
by persons affected by earthquake in Ladakh last year.
Vijay Kumar Chopra, Editor-in-Chief of the group,
handed over bank drafts from readers of the newspaper to
The readers had contributed amounts from Rs 2,500
upwards. One reader had sent in Rs 25 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried