Rs 25,000 reward for rickshaw-puller who tried to stop gunmen
New Delhi: Delhi Police today announced a
cash reward of Rs 25,000 to a rickshaw-puller who had tried to
give a chase to the two motorbike-borne gunmen who fired at
foreign tourists outside Jama Masjid on Sunday last.
Displaying courage, rickshaw puller Salim Ahmed, who
was ferrying some passengers, had thrown stones at the gunmen
and even chased them in a bid to stop the duo from escaping.
"We have decided to give a cash award of Rs 25,000 to
Salim," said a Delhi Police official.
Two motorcycle-borne attackers on Sunday had shot and
injured two Taiwanese nationals outside the historic mosque
which was followed by an explosion in a car in the same area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway