Rs 90,000 crore RUSA plan to be implemented soon: Raju
Rajahmundry: The Union Minister for Human Resources Development M M Pallam Raju on Friday said Rs 90,000 crore Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abihyan (RUSA) plan will soon be implemented for development of education sector in the country.
Speaking to reporters after visiting a vocational college in Kakinada, he said, "During the 12th and 13th five year plans Rs 90,000 crore RUSA plan will be implemented in the country for the development of education and for its infrastructure facilities."
The Union Cabinet has approved the plan in its meeting held on October 3.
"This plan will also help in bringing education reforms, besides developing infrastructure facilities in the education sector," he said.
Raju later visited Dhummulapeta in Kakinada, where fire mishap took place yesterday. He assured that pucca houses will be constructed for all the families, who lost their homes in fire accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Act East policy will open markets like Myanmar, ASEAN for East India: President
- Rio-returned Sudha Singh tested positive for Swine Flu, not for Zika virus
- Haryana to address common citizens as Sir, Madam
- See pic: Two giant pandas and cub celebrate their 10th birthday with 'ice cakes'!