RS adjourned briefly in absence of Jayanthi Natarajan
New Delhi: In an embarrassment to the
government, absence of Congress member Jayanthi Natarajan to
second the Motion of Thanks to the President for her address
to Parliament forced adjournment of the Rajya Sabha half an
hour before the scheduled lunch break.
As soon as Janardan Dwivedi, initiator of the discussion
on the Motion, completed his speech, Deputy Chairman K Rahman
Khan called for the seconder.
But Natarajan was not present in the House and it was
pointed out to the Chair by opposition.
Much to the embarrassment of the government, Khan
adjourned the House. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was
Later, Natarajan, who is also party spokesperson, told
reporters that she had come out briefly to give reaction on
the Godhra verdict. She immediately went to the Chairman and
apologised to him.
When the House reassembled at 1400 hours, Natarajan said
she was extremely sorry that the House had to be adjourned
because of her absence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday