RS adjourned thrice after procedural wrangles
New Delhi: Procedural wrangles on business to be taken up in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday led to three adjournments of the House.
Trouble started when Vinay Katiyar (BJP) demanded that the House take up discussion on atrocities against Hindus in Pakistan immediately after the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules motion.
This was opposed by both the Government and SP members who said the House had agreed to take up the issue after passage of two bills and the order could not be changed.
Vice Chairman PJ Kurien, who was in the chair, said the issue raised by the BJP was serious but expressed helplessness over changing the order of discussion without a consensus.
Katiyar alleged that the issue was slated for discussion at a later stage deliberately by the Government as it did not want matters related to Hindus to be discussed.
Reacting to this, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said if the Government did not want a discussion, then it would not have listed it for business.
Amid din, the Chair adjourned the House thrice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands