RS adjourned thrice after procedural wrangles
New Delhi: Procedural wrangles on business to be taken up in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday led to three adjournments of the House.
Trouble started when Vinay Katiyar (BJP) demanded that the House take up discussion on atrocities against Hindus in Pakistan immediately after the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules motion.
This was opposed by both the Government and SP members who said the House had agreed to take up the issue after passage of two bills and the order could not be changed.
Vice Chairman PJ Kurien, who was in the chair, said the issue raised by the BJP was serious but expressed helplessness over changing the order of discussion without a consensus.
Katiyar alleged that the issue was slated for discussion at a later stage deliberately by the Government as it did not want matters related to Hindus to be discussed.
Reacting to this, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said if the Government did not want a discussion, then it would not have listed it for business.
Amid din, the Chair adjourned the House thrice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed