RS adjourned twice after uproar over Gujarat Guv issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was on Friday adjourned twice during the pre-noon sitting as Opposition BJP stalled the proceedings over the alleged involvement of Gujarat Governor Kamla Devi Beniwal in a land grab case.
BJP members led by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi demanded suspension of the Question Hour to discuss the issue, which was not accepted by Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Slogan shouting BJP members first forced adjournment of the House for 15 minutes. When it reassembled, they created similar scenes leading to adjournment of the House till noon.
Earlier, as soon as the House met for the day, Naqvi said it was a serious issue and was spontaneously supported by his party colleagues.
When Ansari ruled out suspension of the Question Hour and took up the first listed question, the protest by BJP members grew louder. The House was then adjourned for 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report