RS adjourned twice after uproar over Gujarat Guv issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was on Friday adjourned twice during the pre-noon sitting as Opposition BJP stalled the proceedings over the alleged involvement of Gujarat Governor Kamla Devi Beniwal in a land grab case.
BJP members led by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi demanded suspension of the Question Hour to discuss the issue, which was not accepted by Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Slogan shouting BJP members first forced adjournment of the House for 15 minutes. When it reassembled, they created similar scenes leading to adjournment of the House till noon.
Earlier, as soon as the House met for the day, Naqvi said it was a serious issue and was spontaneously supported by his party colleagues.
When Ansari ruled out suspension of the Question Hour and took up the first listed question, the protest by BJP members grew louder. The House was then adjourned for 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok