RS adjourned twice after uproar over Gujarat Guv issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was on Friday adjourned twice during the pre-noon sitting as Opposition BJP stalled the proceedings over the alleged involvement of Gujarat Governor Kamla Devi Beniwal in a land grab case.
BJP members led by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi demanded suspension of the Question Hour to discuss the issue, which was not accepted by Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Slogan shouting BJP members first forced adjournment of the House for 15 minutes. When it reassembled, they created similar scenes leading to adjournment of the House till noon.
Earlier, as soon as the House met for the day, Naqvi said it was a serious issue and was spontaneously supported by his party colleagues.
When Ansari ruled out suspension of the Question Hour and took up the first listed question, the protest by BJP members grew louder. The House was then adjourned for 15 minutes.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses