RS adjourned twice after uproar over Gujarat Guv issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was on Friday adjourned twice during the pre-noon sitting as Opposition BJP stalled the proceedings over the alleged involvement of Gujarat Governor Kamla Devi Beniwal in a land grab case.
BJP members led by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi demanded suspension of the Question Hour to discuss the issue, which was not accepted by Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Slogan shouting BJP members first forced adjournment of the House for 15 minutes. When it reassembled, they created similar scenes leading to adjournment of the House till noon.
Earlier, as soon as the House met for the day, Naqvi said it was a serious issue and was spontaneously supported by his party colleagues.
When Ansari ruled out suspension of the Question Hour and took up the first listed question, the protest by BJP members grew louder. The House was then adjourned for 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Arunachal CM reviews flood situation, may make aerial survey
- China sends Hong Kong journalists to up to 5 years in prison
- Goa minister uses racial slur for an African, apologises
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: Grappler fails second test, Rio Olympics dream all but over
- Kargil martyr's mother, widow battle over sharing compensation