RS adjourned twice after uproar over Gujarat Guv issue
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was on Friday adjourned twice during the pre-noon sitting as Opposition BJP stalled the proceedings over the alleged involvement of Gujarat Governor Kamla Devi Beniwal in a land grab case.
BJP members led by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi demanded suspension of the Question Hour to discuss the issue, which was not accepted by Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Slogan shouting BJP members first forced adjournment of the House for 15 minutes. When it reassembled, they created similar scenes leading to adjournment of the House till noon.
Earlier, as soon as the House met for the day, Naqvi said it was a serious issue and was spontaneously supported by his party colleagues.
When Ansari ruled out suspension of the Question Hour and took up the first listed question, the protest by BJP members grew louder. The House was then adjourned for 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan