RS adjourns after uproar over demand for JPC probe into IPL
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the
day as determined opposition members created uproar demanding
a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the raging IPL
When the House reassembled at 2.30 PM after the first
adjournment at noon, it witnessed similar scenes of slogan
shouting and strong demands for setting up of a JPC.
Some BJP members rushed to the well and shouted slogans
against the government to press for their demand.
The Congress members said that discussing BPL was more
important than discussing IPL as it concerned the people and
countered the demand for JPC.
"We have demanded for a JPC probe. We want to know what is
happening in IPL," S S Ahluwalia (BJP) said.
Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said no notice has been
given and discussion on the Ministry of Housing and Urban
Poverty Alleviation was important.
Ahluwalia retorted saying, "The nation has taken notice
of what has happened in IPL. A loot is taking place in IPL."
B K Hariprasad and Rashid Alvi (Congress) were on their
feet to demand that discussion on BPL was more important.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base - Part II
- DNA: Today in History | July 27, 2016
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today