RS committee meets NGOs on taxation on anonymous donations
Ahmedabad: With NGOs demanding that
anonymous donations made for social development purpose should
not be taxed, an eight-member team of Committee on Petitions
of Rajya Sabha has begun interactions with stakeholders on the
"We are here to get the views of various NGOs and social
development organisations on the government decision of
taxing anonymous donations made to any organisation," BJP MP
from Uttarakhand Bhagat Singh Koshiyari, who heads the
Committee, told reporters here.
The committee today interacted with officials of Blind
Peoples` Association (BPA) and had a look at the various
activities of the institute.
"There were number of petitions from NGOs demanding
that anonymous donations made for social development purpose
should not be taxed. Following this, the committee was
constituted two years ago," he said.
Koshiyari said that the committee had earlier submitted
its recommendations to the Rajya Sabha following which the
taxation on anonymous donations was decreased by five per cent
from 30 percent to 25 percent.
"We have been asked to talk once more to the NGOs on
this issue so as a final decision could be taken," he added.
Most of the NGOs with whom the Committee interacted were
not in favour of taxation, Koshiyari said in reply to a
Koshiyari said that they would be visiting various
NGOs of Gujarat and Maharashtra during their week long stay
in the two states.
He said that they have been given a mandate by the
Rajya Sabha and they would be submitting their recommendations
to the Upper House of Parliament after talking to various
The committee members would be meeting other NGOs,
people`s representatives and officials of the Income Tax
department during their two-day visit here, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'