RS denies Jaya Bachchan complained about TV coverage
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha Secretariat on Wednesday dismissed reports that Jaya Bachchan has filed a complaint that House cameras focussed on her when cine star Rekha took oath as member yesterday.
However, it sought to wash its hands off the issue of the coverage yesterday saying live coverage of proceedings continue to be undertaken by Doordarshan and not Rajya Sabha Television.
"The news reports are factually incorrect," the Rajya Sabha Secretariate said in a press release after television channels carried reports that Bachchan has complained to Chairman Hamid Ansari regarding "certain aspects of the coverage of the proceedings of the House".
The release said Bachchan has written to Chairman, Committee on Government Assurances with a copy to the Secretary General on matters pertaining to assurances given on the floor of the House.
However, the release noted that the live coverage of the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha continued to be undertaken by Doordarshan as this function is yet to be transferred to the newly-established Rajya Sabha television.
MoS Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla told reporters that some MPs had complained to the Chairman in this regard.
The media had played up the oath-taking event against the backdrop of the perceived rivalry between the two film stars of the 70s and 80s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover