RS Gujral named new Revenue Secretary
New Delhi: RS Gujral will take charge as
the Revenue Secretary from July 1, succeeding Sunil Mitra, who
retires at the end of this month.
Gujral, a 1976 batch IAS officer of the Haryana cadre, is
currently Secretary in the Ministry of Road Transport and
"The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved
the appointment of Raminder Singh Gujral, IAS (HY:76)... as
Secretary, Department of revenue, vice Sunil Mitra, on his
retirement on June 30, 2011," said an official announcement.
He was also the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)
in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Mitra, a 1975 batch IAS officer from West Bengal cadre,
also holds the charge of Finance Secretary in the Ministry of
Finance. The new finance secretary is yet to be named.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi