RS members concerned over Delhi`s rising power tariff
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha members Tuesday expressed concern over the hike in power tariff in Delhi and asked the government to take steps to bring it down.
"There has been a power tariff hike of eight to nine percent in Delhi," CPI-M leader KN Balagopal said raising the issue in the upper house.
The CPI-M leader said since the central government presented the budget for delhi, it should take steps to check this hike.
"An audit of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) is going on for the discoms in Delhi. It is not a good practice to increase power tariff when the audit is on," he said.
"Government should look into the matter," he added.
Several other members joined him in expressing concern over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them