RS members concerned over Delhi`s rising power tariff
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha members Tuesday expressed concern over the hike in power tariff in Delhi and asked the government to take steps to bring it down.
"There has been a power tariff hike of eight to nine percent in Delhi," CPI-M leader KN Balagopal said raising the issue in the upper house.
The CPI-M leader said since the central government presented the budget for delhi, it should take steps to check this hike.
"An audit of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) is going on for the discoms in Delhi. It is not a good practice to increase power tariff when the audit is on," he said.
"Government should look into the matter," he added.
Several other members joined him in expressing concern over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security