RS members concerned over Delhi`s rising power tariff
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha members Tuesday expressed concern over the hike in power tariff in Delhi and asked the government to take steps to bring it down.
"There has been a power tariff hike of eight to nine percent in Delhi," CPI-M leader KN Balagopal said raising the issue in the upper house.
The CPI-M leader said since the central government presented the budget for delhi, it should take steps to check this hike.
"An audit of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) is going on for the discoms in Delhi. It is not a good practice to increase power tariff when the audit is on," he said.
"Government should look into the matter," he added.
Several other members joined him in expressing concern over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media