RS mourns those dead in Delhi building collapse
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha Thursday mourned the death of more than 65 persons in a building collapse in East Delhi earlier this week.
When the House met for the day, Deputy Chairman K Rehman
Khan referred to the incident in which 81 others were injured.
"...the loss of so many lives is tragic and unfortunate,"
he said expressing sympathies to the families who lost their
near and dear ones when the five-storey building collapsed in Lalita Park area of Laxmi Nagar on Monday.
Khan wished the injured a speedy recovery after which the
House observed a minute`s silence in the memory of those dead.
Over 60 families, mostly labourers from West Bengal, were
living in the cramped quarters of the 15-year-old building,
where an illegal fifth floor was under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony