RS mourns those dead in Delhi building collapse
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha Thursday mourned the death of more than 65 persons in a building collapse in East Delhi earlier this week.
When the House met for the day, Deputy Chairman K Rehman
Khan referred to the incident in which 81 others were injured.
"...the loss of so many lives is tragic and unfortunate,"
he said expressing sympathies to the families who lost their
near and dear ones when the five-storey building collapsed in Lalita Park area of Laxmi Nagar on Monday.
Khan wished the injured a speedy recovery after which the
House observed a minute`s silence in the memory of those dead.
Over 60 families, mostly labourers from West Bengal, were
living in the cramped quarters of the 15-year-old building,
where an illegal fifth floor was under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder