RS poll for filling 3 seats from Kerala, 1 from UP on June 25
New Delhi: Elections to fill up three Rajya Sabha seats from Kerala and the by-election for one seat to the Upper House from Uttar Pradesh would be held on June 25, the Election Commission announced on Friday.
As per schedule for elections to the Council of States announced by the poll body, the necessary notification for the polls for all the four RS seats would be issued on June 8 when the process for filing of nominations would also start.
June 15 is the last date for filing of nominations and June 18 the last date for withdrawal of candidature.
Polling for the biennial elections would be held between 9 AM and 4 PM on June 25 and counting will be done on the same day at 5 pm.
The elections to the Council of States is necessitated as the term of office of three members from Kerala - K E Ismail, P J Kurian and P R Rajan, expires on July 1 on their retirement.
A vacancy in the council of states from Uttar Pradesh has also been created due to death of Brijbhushan (SP) on April 25. His term of office was up to April 2, 2018. He died a day after taking oath as the Rajya Sabha member.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed