Rs seven lakh fake currency found near Indo-Bangla border
Malda: BSF guards patrolling the Indo-Bangla
border at Chowri Anantpur area in Malda district on Wednesday
recovered fake currency with a face value of Rs seven lakh,
BSF personnel noticed a person trying to cross over the
barbed fence with a bag. When they tried to intercept him, the
man ran away hurling the bag across the fence to the Indian
side, Malda Superintendent of Police Bhuban Mandal said.
On examination, the bag was found to contain fake currency
with a face value of Rs seven lakh, he said.
The personnel have deposited the fake currency at Kaliachak
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan