RS uproar over publication of news item in Hindi weekly
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed
uproarious scenes over publication of a news item in a Hindi
weekly, which members alleged has brought "insult" to the
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Ali Anwar (JD-U)
said he has also given a privilege notice against the weekly.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said the
notice is under consideration of the Chairman.
Waving copies of the weekly, the JD-U member supported by
Sabir Ali (LJP), Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) and P Madhu (CPI-M)
stormed into the well.
Anwar alleged that the cover story of the weekly has used
"humiliating terms" for the members of Rajya Sabha for their
"inability" in getting the Ranganath Mishra Committee report
tabled in the House.
He alleged that the report has also made remarks against
the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
"We are shocked and feel humiliated by the report as we
were the ones who had repeatedly raised the demand for tabling
the Ranganath report in the House," Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies