RS uproar over publication of news item in Hindi weekly
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed
uproarious scenes over publication of a news item in a Hindi
weekly, which members alleged has brought "insult" to the
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Ali Anwar (JD-U)
said he has also given a privilege notice against the weekly.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said the
notice is under consideration of the Chairman.
Waving copies of the weekly, the JD-U member supported by
Sabir Ali (LJP), Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) and P Madhu (CPI-M)
stormed into the well.
Anwar alleged that the cover story of the weekly has used
"humiliating terms" for the members of Rajya Sabha for their
"inability" in getting the Ranganath Mishra Committee report
tabled in the House.
He alleged that the report has also made remarks against
the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
"We are shocked and feel humiliated by the report as we
were the ones who had repeatedly raised the demand for tabling
the Ranganath report in the House," Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon