RS uproar over publication of news item in Hindi weekly
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed
uproarious scenes over publication of a news item in a Hindi
weekly, which members alleged has brought "insult" to the
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Ali Anwar (JD-U)
said he has also given a privilege notice against the weekly.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said the
notice is under consideration of the Chairman.
Waving copies of the weekly, the JD-U member supported by
Sabir Ali (LJP), Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) and P Madhu (CPI-M)
stormed into the well.
Anwar alleged that the cover story of the weekly has used
"humiliating terms" for the members of Rajya Sabha for their
"inability" in getting the Ranganath Mishra Committee report
tabled in the House.
He alleged that the report has also made remarks against
the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
"We are shocked and feel humiliated by the report as we
were the ones who had repeatedly raised the demand for tabling
the Ranganath report in the House," Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal