RS uproar over publication of news item in Hindi weekly
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed
uproarious scenes over publication of a news item in a Hindi
weekly, which members alleged has brought "insult" to the
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Ali Anwar (JD-U)
said he has also given a privilege notice against the weekly.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said the
notice is under consideration of the Chairman.
Waving copies of the weekly, the JD-U member supported by
Sabir Ali (LJP), Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) and P Madhu (CPI-M)
stormed into the well.
Anwar alleged that the cover story of the weekly has used
"humiliating terms" for the members of Rajya Sabha for their
"inability" in getting the Ranganath Mishra Committee report
tabled in the House.
He alleged that the report has also made remarks against
the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
"We are shocked and feel humiliated by the report as we
were the ones who had repeatedly raised the demand for tabling
the Ranganath report in the House," Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'
- Russia Doping: A chronology of major events
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore