RS uproar over publication of news item in Hindi weekly
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Tuesday witnessed
uproarious scenes over publication of a news item in a Hindi
weekly, which members alleged has brought "insult" to the
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Ali Anwar (JD-U)
said he has also given a privilege notice against the weekly.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said the
notice is under consideration of the Chairman.
Waving copies of the weekly, the JD-U member supported by
Sabir Ali (LJP), Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) and P Madhu (CPI-M)
stormed into the well.
Anwar alleged that the cover story of the weekly has used
"humiliating terms" for the members of Rajya Sabha for their
"inability" in getting the Ranganath Mishra Committee report
tabled in the House.
He alleged that the report has also made remarks against
the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman.
"We are shocked and feel humiliated by the report as we
were the ones who had repeatedly raised the demand for tabling
the Ranganath report in the House," Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre