RSS accuses CBI of leaking Aseemanand`s confession
New Delhi: The RSS on Friday accused the CBI of deliberately leaking the confession of Swami Aseemanand in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast which, it alleged, was given under duress.
"This deliberate leaking of document confirms further the alleged interest of agencies is not to probe cases but malign the reputation of the organisations and individuals," RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said.
He claimed the statements leaked to the media confirmed that "they must have been taken under duress".
Noting that the confessions were "all contradictory and there is no credible evidence", he said lawyers were scrutinising the documents.
"Once again the CBI stood up to its reputation of being the Congress Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Aseemanand, who worked for Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Dangs in Gujarat, reportedly confessed about his involvement in the Samjhauta train blast before a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video