RSS accuses CBI of leaking Aseemanand`s confession
New Delhi: The RSS on Friday accused the CBI of deliberately leaking the confession of Swami Aseemanand in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast which, it alleged, was given under duress.
"This deliberate leaking of document confirms further the alleged interest of agencies is not to probe cases but malign the reputation of the organisations and individuals," RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said.
He claimed the statements leaked to the media confirmed that "they must have been taken under duress".
Noting that the confessions were "all contradictory and there is no credible evidence", he said lawyers were scrutinising the documents.
"Once again the CBI stood up to its reputation of being the Congress Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Aseemanand, who worked for Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Dangs in Gujarat, reportedly confessed about his involvement in the Samjhauta train blast before a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened