RSS accuses CBI of leaking Aseemanand`s confession
New Delhi: The RSS on Friday accused the CBI of deliberately leaking the confession of Swami Aseemanand in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast which, it alleged, was given under duress.
"This deliberate leaking of document confirms further the alleged interest of agencies is not to probe cases but malign the reputation of the organisations and individuals," RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said.
He claimed the statements leaked to the media confirmed that "they must have been taken under duress".
Noting that the confessions were "all contradictory and there is no credible evidence", he said lawyers were scrutinising the documents.
"Once again the CBI stood up to its reputation of being the Congress Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Aseemanand, who worked for Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Dangs in Gujarat, reportedly confessed about his involvement in the Samjhauta train blast before a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi