RSS appeals Centre to rethink on Water Policy
Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayayamsevak Sangh
on Sunday appealed to the Centre to reconsider the draft National
Water Policy 2012, terming it as a move towards "monopolising
and commercially exploiting" the national resources.
A resolution in this regard was adopted at the
conclusion of the three-day meeting of Akhil Bhartiya
Pratinidhi Sabha, the highest decision-making body of RSS.
"The Akhil Bhartiya Pratinidhi Sabha is of the
considered opinion that our water resources, soil, air,
minerals, cattle wealth, biodiversity and other such natural
resources should not be treated as commercial profit," the
The delegates were of the view that the approach,
policy and practices towards utilisation and conservation of
these resources should be based on the principle of sustained
reciprocal co-existence of entire living universe, it said.
"We constitute 17 percent of world population and are
dependent upon 2.5 percent of earth`s land mass and four
percent of fresh water and hence the government`s initiative
(draft national water policy 2012) is aimed at private
monopoly and commercial profiteering of water," the resolution
The government draft which describes water as the
basis of life, has very cleverly incorporated the formulations
and models of World Bank and MNCs, which is nothing but "evil
designs", it added.
The resolution further says that rise in water and
electricity tariff under the guise of rationalising
consumption would only make it scarcer for the common man.
RSS also appealed for a debate on the issues like
rational water resources management and appropriate water
supply to agriculture on the concluding day of the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state