RSS appeals Centre to rethink on Water Policy
Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayayamsevak Sangh
on Sunday appealed to the Centre to reconsider the draft National
Water Policy 2012, terming it as a move towards "monopolising
and commercially exploiting" the national resources.
A resolution in this regard was adopted at the
conclusion of the three-day meeting of Akhil Bhartiya
Pratinidhi Sabha, the highest decision-making body of RSS.
"The Akhil Bhartiya Pratinidhi Sabha is of the
considered opinion that our water resources, soil, air,
minerals, cattle wealth, biodiversity and other such natural
resources should not be treated as commercial profit," the
The delegates were of the view that the approach,
policy and practices towards utilisation and conservation of
these resources should be based on the principle of sustained
reciprocal co-existence of entire living universe, it said.
"We constitute 17 percent of world population and are
dependent upon 2.5 percent of earth`s land mass and four
percent of fresh water and hence the government`s initiative
(draft national water policy 2012) is aimed at private
monopoly and commercial profiteering of water," the resolution
The government draft which describes water as the
basis of life, has very cleverly incorporated the formulations
and models of World Bank and MNCs, which is nothing but "evil
designs", it added.
The resolution further says that rise in water and
electricity tariff under the guise of rationalising
consumption would only make it scarcer for the common man.
RSS also appealed for a debate on the issues like
rational water resources management and appropriate water
supply to agriculture on the concluding day of the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!