RSS behind attack on Baba Ramdev: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday alleged there was a "well-orchestrated conspiracy" by RSS behind the ink attack on yoga guru Ramdev and the NGO activist who did it was "anti-Congress" and has links with BJP.
"I have seen the visuals of the person who threw ink at
Baba Ramdev and it seems there is politics behind it. It seems
to be a well-orchestrated conspiracy. Kamran Sidique, who did
it runs an NGO `Real Cause`.
He (Kamran) is "anti-Congress" from the very beginning
and had opposed our candidate Pervej Hashmi in elections. It
should be probed how much fund his NGO got from various
government departments during NDA rule," Singh told reporters
Alleging that RSS was behind the incident, he said
"people of Sangh were promoting Baba Ramdev like anything. He
has, however, been exposed. Hence, they have enacted it to
make him a hero," he said.
Asked whether he sees it as case of match fixing between
BJP and the accused, Singh said "definitely. That is what I
Siddique threw ink at Ramdev during a press conference
at the Constitution Club this afternoon after the yoga guru
refused to answer a question on Batla House encounter.
Singh also reiterated his allegation of RSS links to Team
Anna saying their strength was exposed in Mumbai during
Hazare`s agitation as crowds thinned at the venue "because RSS
withdrew its support realizing that Anna was not acknowledging
Refuseing to attach any significance to Team Anna`s
decision to campaign in five election-bound states, he said
"we are not at all bothered. Let them campaign. The whole Team
Anna stands exposed today."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan