RSS cautions Hazare on his anti-corruption movement
Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) general secretary Suresh Joshi has cautioned social activist Anna Hazare to be vigilant of certain elements attempting to weaken his anti-graft movement.
"I wrote a letter to Anna Hazare in which I have expressed my concern for him, as he had raised an important issue against corruption. In context to politics, few have tried to weaken his movement through conspiracies. So, he should be cautious against such conspiracies," Joshi told media here.
Hazare has threatened to start another movement for the passage of a strong Lokpal Bill to combat graft in the country,before the national polls, which are scheduled to take place in 2014.
Hazare has been at loggerheads with the government over the Ombudsman Bill, for which the Gandhian activist went on hunger strikes in April, August and December last year
Meanwhile, commenting over the popularity and superiority gained by regional political parties in the country, Joshi said that such trends might pose a threat to the nation’s integrity and political establishment.
"The regional parties are becoming powerful and the national parties are getting weaker. So, for any democratic country and for the welfare of the nation, it is necessary to give this a thought. Regional parties are gaining importance and this could pose a threat in future," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics