RSS cautions Hazare on his anti-corruption movement
Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) general secretary Suresh Joshi has cautioned social activist Anna Hazare to be vigilant of certain elements attempting to weaken his anti-graft movement.
"I wrote a letter to Anna Hazare in which I have expressed my concern for him, as he had raised an important issue against corruption. In context to politics, few have tried to weaken his movement through conspiracies. So, he should be cautious against such conspiracies," Joshi told media here.
Hazare has threatened to start another movement for the passage of a strong Lokpal Bill to combat graft in the country,before the national polls, which are scheduled to take place in 2014.
Hazare has been at loggerheads with the government over the Ombudsman Bill, for which the Gandhian activist went on hunger strikes in April, August and December last year
Meanwhile, commenting over the popularity and superiority gained by regional political parties in the country, Joshi said that such trends might pose a threat to the nation’s integrity and political establishment.
"The regional parties are becoming powerful and the national parties are getting weaker. So, for any democratic country and for the welfare of the nation, it is necessary to give this a thought. Regional parties are gaining importance and this could pose a threat in future," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!