RSS chief backs VHP`s resolution for building Ram temple
Allahabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday backed VHP`s resolution for building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, saying its construction is like establishing the "Indian identity".
"I have said that construction of the temple is like a movement to establish the country`s self identity. It is an identity of our country and we have to establish it," he said speaking to reporters at the Kumbh Mela here.
The VHP has demanded that a bill be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament so that Ram Janambhoomi land could be handed over to the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Nyas for construction of the Ram temple.
It adopted a resolution at the central advisory committee meeting yesterday asking the government in this regard failing which the "Hindu samaj will be compelled to launch a massive agitation".
When asked to comment on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remark, Bhagwat said Hindus don`t indulge in violence.
"Violence and terrorism have never had a place in the RSS or the entire Sangh Parivar," said Bhagwat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims