RSS chief backs VHP`s resolution for building Ram temple
Allahabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday backed VHP`s resolution for building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, saying its construction is like establishing the "Indian identity".
"I have said that construction of the temple is like a movement to establish the country`s self identity. It is an identity of our country and we have to establish it," he said speaking to reporters at the Kumbh Mela here.
The VHP has demanded that a bill be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament so that Ram Janambhoomi land could be handed over to the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Nyas for construction of the Ram temple.
It adopted a resolution at the central advisory committee meeting yesterday asking the government in this regard failing which the "Hindu samaj will be compelled to launch a massive agitation".
When asked to comment on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remark, Bhagwat said Hindus don`t indulge in violence.
"Violence and terrorism have never had a place in the RSS or the entire Sangh Parivar," said Bhagwat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry