RSS chief backs VHP`s resolution for building Ram temple
Allahabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday backed VHP`s resolution for building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, saying its construction is like establishing the "Indian identity".
"I have said that construction of the temple is like a movement to establish the country`s self identity. It is an identity of our country and we have to establish it," he said speaking to reporters at the Kumbh Mela here.
The VHP has demanded that a bill be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament so that Ram Janambhoomi land could be handed over to the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Nyas for construction of the Ram temple.
It adopted a resolution at the central advisory committee meeting yesterday asking the government in this regard failing which the "Hindu samaj will be compelled to launch a massive agitation".
When asked to comment on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remark, Bhagwat said Hindus don`t indulge in violence.
"Violence and terrorism have never had a place in the RSS or the entire Sangh Parivar," said Bhagwat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres