RSS chief backs VHP`s resolution for building Ram temple
Allahabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday backed VHP`s resolution for building a Ram temple in Ayodhya, saying its construction is like establishing the "Indian identity".
"I have said that construction of the temple is like a movement to establish the country`s self identity. It is an identity of our country and we have to establish it," he said speaking to reporters at the Kumbh Mela here.
The VHP has demanded that a bill be introduced in the Monsoon Session of Parliament so that Ram Janambhoomi land could be handed over to the Shri Ram Janambhoomi Nyas for construction of the Ram temple.
It adopted a resolution at the central advisory committee meeting yesterday asking the government in this regard failing which the "Hindu samaj will be compelled to launch a massive agitation".
When asked to comment on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remark, Bhagwat said Hindus don`t indulge in violence.
"Violence and terrorism have never had a place in the RSS or the entire Sangh Parivar," said Bhagwat.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!