RSS chief Bhagwat must apologise to the nation: Ajit Jogi
Raipur: Reacting to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat`s recent controversial remark terming marriage as "social contract" between husband and wife, senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi said that "He was trying to distort Indian culture".
Jogi, asserted that the statement hurt the sentiments of crores of people and demanded that Bhagwat tender an apology to the nation.
"RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is trying to destroy India`s rich culture," former chief minister Ajit Jogi said today, referring to the controversial remark.
"Marriage is a very sacred institution in India and the RSS chief`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the people. He must apologise to the nation for his remark," Jogi said.
Earlier Bhagwat had made the controversial statement terming marriage as social contract between husband and wife at a function in Indore on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days