RSS chief Bhagwat must apologise to the nation: Ajit Jogi
Raipur: Reacting to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat`s recent controversial remark terming marriage as "social contract" between husband and wife, senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi said that "He was trying to distort Indian culture".
Jogi, asserted that the statement hurt the sentiments of crores of people and demanded that Bhagwat tender an apology to the nation.
"RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is trying to destroy India`s rich culture," former chief minister Ajit Jogi said today, referring to the controversial remark.
"Marriage is a very sacred institution in India and the RSS chief`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the people. He must apologise to the nation for his remark," Jogi said.
Earlier Bhagwat had made the controversial statement terming marriage as social contract between husband and wife at a function in Indore on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview