RSS chief Bhagwat must apologise to the nation: Ajit Jogi
Raipur: Reacting to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat`s recent controversial remark terming marriage as "social contract" between husband and wife, senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi said that "He was trying to distort Indian culture".
Jogi, asserted that the statement hurt the sentiments of crores of people and demanded that Bhagwat tender an apology to the nation.
"RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is trying to destroy India`s rich culture," former chief minister Ajit Jogi said today, referring to the controversial remark.
"Marriage is a very sacred institution in India and the RSS chief`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the people. He must apologise to the nation for his remark," Jogi said.
Earlier Bhagwat had made the controversial statement terming marriage as social contract between husband and wife at a function in Indore on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video