RSS chief Bhagwat must apologise to the nation: Ajit Jogi
Raipur: Reacting to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat`s recent controversial remark terming marriage as "social contract" between husband and wife, senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi said that "He was trying to distort Indian culture".
Jogi, asserted that the statement hurt the sentiments of crores of people and demanded that Bhagwat tender an apology to the nation.
"RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is trying to destroy India`s rich culture," former chief minister Ajit Jogi said today, referring to the controversial remark.
"Marriage is a very sacred institution in India and the RSS chief`s statement has hurt the sentiments of the people. He must apologise to the nation for his remark," Jogi said.
Earlier Bhagwat had made the controversial statement terming marriage as social contract between husband and wife at a function in Indore on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician