RSS chief calls for `glorious Ram Mandir`
Ahmedabad: At a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was inducted into BJP`s Parliamentary Board, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat raked up the issue of Ram Mandir in the state capital, expressing the desire for a glorious "Shree Ram Mandir".
"We will have to build good, honest and true Hindus in Bharat, because, now the whole world will be following Hindus.
"In near future, we are taking up mass recitation of `Vijay Mantra` for a glorious temple, Shree Ram Mandir," Bhagwat said while addressing a public gathering, `Hindu Sangam`, organised by VHP here.
The announcement assumes significance for its timing as Modi, who has often been projected as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate by some sections, was today inducted in the party`s highest-decision making body, Parliamentary Board, by party president Rajnath Singh.
Setting the Hindutva tone, Bhagwat said, the "stage has been set for Hindus to take the intellectual leadership of the world...Whole world has no other option but to follow Hindus".
"Though intellectually, Hindus have established leadership in the world, but physically that is absent. A Hindu is a Hindu in his thoughts but not so much in his behaviour. We have to change this," the `Sarsanghchalak` said.
VHP, under the leadership of its International Working President Pravin Togadia has organised `Hindu Sangam` to launch a new movement called "Hindu Ahead for Hindu Security and Prosperity" which aims to reach out to the majority community.
RSS chief was the chief guest at the function.
This is perhaps for the first time that Bhagwat has attended a public function organised by VHP in Gujarat.
In his brief address, Bhagwat also expressed the need "to imbibe true Hindu values and adopt the Hindu way of living by adopting Hindu language and appearance".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference