RSS chief hopeful of solid action by Centre against Maoists
Kolkata: RSS chief Mohan Rao Bhagwat on Friday
said that the Centre had at last realised the need to act
against the Maoists, but regretted solid action was yet to
Describing the Maoist threat as `dangerous`, Bhagwat
stressed the need for a comprehensive policy to usher in
development in the backward areas by setting up an efficient
administration which can keep Maoists at bay.
To a question if the Army should be deployed to counter
the Maoists, Bhagwat said, "It is upto the government how to
act. The government itself can take appropriate action in
He regretted that people were being kidnapped by the
ultras at gunpoint.
"To avoid the Maoist threat, we need a constructive
policy of encouraging development and against lawlessness in
all backward areas as well as creation of awareness against
Maoist threats," he said.
Bhagwat was confident that awareness and strong policy by
the Centre as well as states would be able to isolate the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore