RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat blames westernisation for `national decay`
Patna: The "mad run" towards westernisation was responsible for "personal and national decay" in the country, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Monday.
"We decided to give up our tradition and run madly after western culture and way of living. This robbed us of moral concerns and ethical living and triggered personal and national decay," the RSS leader said here.
Bhagwat was speaking at a function held to encourage people to donate their bodies after death.
BJP leaders, including former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, party secretary Kiran Ghai, former MLC Ganga Prasad, RK Sinha and AM Rahman announced to donate their bodies after death.
The RSS Sarsanghchalak, who winded up his three-day tour of Bihar with this programme, hailed their announcement and asked others to follow their example.
Stressing on the virtue of donation, he cited the example of industrialist Azim Premji, saying he donates a large amount of money out of his earnings every year for spread of education among the needy.
Actor-turned MP Shatrughan Sinha and Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav were present at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week