RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat blames westernisation for `national decay`
Patna: The "mad run" towards westernisation was responsible for "personal and national decay" in the country, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Monday.
"We decided to give up our tradition and run madly after western culture and way of living. This robbed us of moral concerns and ethical living and triggered personal and national decay," the RSS leader said here.
Bhagwat was speaking at a function held to encourage people to donate their bodies after death.
BJP leaders, including former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, party secretary Kiran Ghai, former MLC Ganga Prasad, RK Sinha and AM Rahman announced to donate their bodies after death.
The RSS Sarsanghchalak, who winded up his three-day tour of Bihar with this programme, hailed their announcement and asked others to follow their example.
Stressing on the virtue of donation, he cited the example of industrialist Azim Premji, saying he donates a large amount of money out of his earnings every year for spread of education among the needy.
Actor-turned MP Shatrughan Sinha and Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav were present at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41