RSS clears stance over Bhagwat`s jibe at Modi, says leaders are important too
Zee News Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Monday cleared its stance on Mohan Bhagwat`s reaction to a remark made by Narendra Modi, saying both the statements were correct in their own way.
Talking to scribes, veteran RSS leader MG Vaidya said that he felt that both Bhagwat and Modi were correct in their own rights.
However, he added that `leadership and guidance was of utmost importance`.
Vaidya`s comment came in the wake of a statement made by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat crediting `people` for their wish to change the system that led to formation of BJP-led NDA government at the Centre and not to any `individual or party`.
"Credit for formation of new government goes to the people of the country as they wanted to bring about a change. It was not due to any particular leader or party," Bhagwat said at a function here without naming anyone.
This was seen by many as a counter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi who had hailed Amit Shah as `Man of the Match` and Rajnath Singh as the çaptain of the team` at the BJP National Council Meet in New Delhi on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed