RSS clears stance over Bhagwat`s jibe at Modi, says leaders are important too
Zee News Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Monday cleared its stance on Mohan Bhagwat`s reaction to a remark made by Narendra Modi, saying both the statements were correct in their own way.
Talking to scribes, veteran RSS leader MG Vaidya said that he felt that both Bhagwat and Modi were correct in their own rights.
However, he added that `leadership and guidance was of utmost importance`.
Vaidya`s comment came in the wake of a statement made by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat crediting `people` for their wish to change the system that led to formation of BJP-led NDA government at the Centre and not to any `individual or party`.
"Credit for formation of new government goes to the people of the country as they wanted to bring about a change. It was not due to any particular leader or party," Bhagwat said at a function here without naming anyone.
This was seen by many as a counter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi who had hailed Amit Shah as `Man of the Match` and Rajnath Singh as the çaptain of the team` at the BJP National Council Meet in New Delhi on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...