RSS condemns Sarabjit Singh`s killing
New Delhi: RSS on Thursday condemned the murderous attack on Sarabjit Singh, calling it is an open assault on India`s Constitution.
Describing the attack on Sarabjit as brutal and barbarian, RSS All-India Publicity chief Manmohan Vaidya said, "In fact, the attacks have not happened on an individual named Sarabjit Singh, rather it is an open assault on India`s Constitution and its Judicial set up."
Vaidya said Sarabjit`s untimely death has saddened the whole country. He claimed that the attack by "Pakistani hooligans" was aimed at avenging the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"The Indian government should take cognizance of this unfortunate incident and condemn the incident in no uncertain words," he said.
Vaidya maintained that while Guru was hanged only when India`s Supreme Court awarded him death sentence after finding him guilty, there was no unanimity in Pakistan over either the nature of offence or on the quantum of sentence awarded to Sarabjit by Pakistani courts.
"The brutal attacks on an individual lodged in Pakistani jail raises a big question mark on political and judicial set up of Pakistan," Vaidya said.
Terming as a "serious error" the failure of Pakistani authorities in protecting Sarabjit, the RSS leader said the Indian national had expressed concerns over his safety with the authorities in Pakistan yet they did little to provide any kind of security to him or to shift him to a safer location.
Expressing solidarity with Sarabjit`s family, Vaidya said RSS is with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'