RSS condemns Sarabjit Singh`s killing
New Delhi: RSS on Thursday condemned the murderous attack on Sarabjit Singh, calling it is an open assault on India`s Constitution.
Describing the attack on Sarabjit as brutal and barbarian, RSS All-India Publicity chief Manmohan Vaidya said, "In fact, the attacks have not happened on an individual named Sarabjit Singh, rather it is an open assault on India`s Constitution and its Judicial set up."
Vaidya said Sarabjit`s untimely death has saddened the whole country. He claimed that the attack by "Pakistani hooligans" was aimed at avenging the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"The Indian government should take cognizance of this unfortunate incident and condemn the incident in no uncertain words," he said.
Vaidya maintained that while Guru was hanged only when India`s Supreme Court awarded him death sentence after finding him guilty, there was no unanimity in Pakistan over either the nature of offence or on the quantum of sentence awarded to Sarabjit by Pakistani courts.
"The brutal attacks on an individual lodged in Pakistani jail raises a big question mark on political and judicial set up of Pakistan," Vaidya said.
Terming as a "serious error" the failure of Pakistani authorities in protecting Sarabjit, the RSS leader said the Indian national had expressed concerns over his safety with the authorities in Pakistan yet they did little to provide any kind of security to him or to shift him to a safer location.
Expressing solidarity with Sarabjit`s family, Vaidya said RSS is with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez