RSS demands legislation on Ram Janmabhoomi issue
Chennai: RSS on Wednesday demanded a legislation
on the Ram Janmabhoomi issue and asked the Centre to hand over
the land to the public for construction of a Ram temple
instead of dragging the issue for long.
"The Allahabad High Court has clearly mentioned that
there were Hindu idols at the spot and instead of dragging the
issue for another five years, the government should legislate
on the construction of temple," RSS spokesperson Ram Madav
told reporters here.
"The government should legislate...It should create a
consensus and hand over the land to the public...," he said.
Slamming the government for not allowing BJP Yuva
Morcha`s `Ekta Yatra` to hoist the tricolour at Lal Chowk in
Srinagar on January 26, he alleged that the Centre`s policy
was encouraging anti-national forces.
"They should have allowed it to culminate. The
government`s policy is wrong...," he said.
Besides, he also called for a thorough inquiry into
the Malegaon blast in which six people were killed and over
100 injured. "The case is being conducted against Hindu
groups. Therefore, we demand a thorough inquiry be conducted,"
He said these issues would be one of the major thrust
areas during a statewide campaign in which around 10,000 RSS
members would take part at 100 locations in Tamil Nadu from
February 5 to 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred