RSS didn`t dictate Modi`s name as PM candidate of BJP: Vaidya
New Delhi: Contradicting reports that it had dictated Narendra Modi`s name as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, RSS leader MG Vaidya said a proposal from BJP quarters must have come and the Sangh gave its consent.
He said RSS does not dictate as to who should be made Prime Minister, Chief Minister, Minister, MP or MLA but only gives its advice whenever there is a dispute and gives advice only when sought.
The RSS leader also contradicted reports that RSS had given any promise in 1949 of not entering politics when the ban on it was revoked.
"As regards Narendrabhai Modi`s choice, the proposal must have come from BJP quarters and Sangh would have given its consent. If there is a difference of opinion about a certain decision, Sangh`s help is sought. That`s all.
"Sangh does not dictate as to who should be made MP or MLA or Minister or Chief Minister or PM. Sangh`s only concern is that the state must function for the nation`s interest. Nation is above the state, above every field of people`s activity," Vaidya said in an article - "The RSS and Politics" in RSS mouthpiece "Organiser".
Vaidya also claimed no promise was ever made to the government in 1949 ahead of lifting of the ban on it that it will never enter politics, thus contradicting a woman journalist who wrote an article in an English daily about "the forgotten promise of 1949". She had also complained to the police that she had received threatening calls from RSS sympathisers for her article.
"The fact is that no promise as such was given. No power in the country can stop an individual or a group from entering politics. It is not necessary for anyone to seek the permission of the government to form a political party," he said.
He said it is true that Article 4(b) of the RSS Constitution says that "The Sangh as such has no politics" but added it is simply an assertion about its commitment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them