RSS disapproves of Gadkari`s comments on Vivekananda
New Delhi: RSS on Tuesday disapproved of Nitin Gadkari`s comments on Swami Vivekananda saying one should be "careful" about public sentiments, but refrained from saying anything on his continuation as party chief in the wake of letters against him by Ram Jethmalani.
"People like Swami Vivekananda are very respected people across the world. So when we talk about them...We have to keep in mind that sentiments of millions of people are attached to them and we should be careful about that," RSS spokesman Ram Madhav said.
On Gadkari`s continuation as BJP President in the wake of pressure mounting on him by fellow partymen to quit the post, Madhav said, "These matters will be handled by the party. We have nothing to comment on these things."
RSS said BJP will decide on the issue, he said, adding "They are the right people and they are the competent people."
Speaking at an award ceremony in Bhopal on November 4, Gadkari said the IQ level of Vivekanand and Dawood could have been the same, but the spiritual leader used it for nation building and the underworld don for pursuing crime.
"As per psychology if we can compare the IQ level of Swami Vivekanand and that of Dawood Ibrahim, then it could have been the same. But Vivekanand used it in nation building, brotherhood and spiritualism while Dawood used that in excelling in crime world," Gadkari had said.
On allegations of "dubious" fundings by Gadkari`s firms, Madhav said, "As far as allegations are concerned, our general secretary has made it very clear that Mr Gadkari has himself volunteered for an investigation into these allegations. Let these investigations be completed and facts will come out."
Madhav also said the campaign against corruption is not just a political issue in the country. "This campaign will continue and it should continue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal