RSS forced BJP to name Narendra Modi as PM candidate: Paswan
Patna: Lokjanshakti Party President Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday said that the RSS has forced BJP to declare Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate to check its falling stock, but there was not the `remotest` chance that the party would come to power.
"Worried over falling stock due to BJP remaining out of power in the last 10 years, RSS forced BJP to declare Narendra Modi in place of L K Advani as Prime Ministerial candidate," Paswan told reporters.
"But, it will not help RSS as there is not even the remotest chance that the BJP will come to power after the 2014 elections," the LJP chief, who is a partner of Lalu Prasad`s RJD in Bihar, said.
Blaming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Paswan said "His constant support for L K Advani and opposition to Narendra Modi provided an opportunity to RSS to play its communal card by getting him anointed as PM nominee."
Questioning the euphoria of BJP workers over Narendra Modi, he said "With only Akali Dal and Shiv Sena with them from where will they get the numbers to form a government?"
He said that the elevation of Narendra Modi would help LJP and RJD gain a large number of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar in the 2014 polls.
"LJP and RJD will get 25 out of 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar and if Congress joins hands with us the tally will touch 34," Paswan claimed.
He said that Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) would be the biggest loser and added that the LJP`s fight would be against the BJP and not the JD(U).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?