`RSS-Gadkari-Advani concoction troubling Modi`
Mumbai: Taking a dig at his ally BJP over Advani-Narendra Modi `cold war`, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday said the "triphala churn" (an ayurvedic mix of three herbs used to detoxify and rejuvenate the body) concocted by the RSS, Gadkari and Advani is troubling the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Thackeray`s comments, in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, come amid reports of the two-day BJP National Executive Meet being overshadowed by a cold war between the party`s two big guns - LK Advani and Narendra Modi--with the latter conspicuous by his absence.
"When Modi undertook his ‘Sadbhavana’ Mission fast, an atmosphere was created that Modi was the new Sun or Moon of BJP and others as the stars that shone alongside. There was a competition to project how Modi was the most capable prime ministerial candidate," Thackeray said.
"At that time, we said that `Sadbhavana` may be created in Gujarat due to Modi`s fast, but will the same be maintained in his party," Thackeray said. "However, we did not think then that we will get to see that possibility turning into reality so soon," he added.
Advani announced he would start his rath yatra from Bihar and Gadkari (BJP president Nitin Gadkari) met Nitish Kumar and handed over the responsibility of flagging it off, Thackeray said.
"The `triphala churn` was concocted in Nagpur by the RSS, Gadkari and Advani and it is troubling Modi," he said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on