RSS ideologue disputes Agnivesh`s views on Naxalism
Thiruvananthapuram: RSS ideologue P Parameswarn on Saturday termed as "too simplistic" the opinion of social activist Swami Agnivesh that dialogue was the only way to deal with naxalite violence.
"It is too simplistic and only selectively applicable. There are extremist elements supported by external anti-Indian agencies who are out to destabilise the security of India, intent on spreading separatism," Parameswaran, director of the
Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, said in a statement.
There were also people who had genuine grievances, whom successive governments had neglected and for whom the fruits of developments remained only a dream. They, many times, unwittingly fall into the traps of unscrupulous anti-national forces. Both cannot be clubbed together, he said.
"Dialogue, is no doubt, one of the strategies but not the panacea for naxalite violence. Indian polity from ancient times has prescribed a four-fold approach in such complex situations: Sama (dialogue), Dana (offering gifts), Bheda
(divide the opposing forces) and Danda (crush by force)," he observed.
These four approaches should be judiciously combined by
the rulers to achieve maximum benefit. Mahabharata war could
not be averted even by the master strategist Sri Krishna by
means of dialogue, he observed.
While interacting with journalists here yesterday,
Agnivesh said dialogue was the only way to address the Naxal
issue as that movement largely was the result of deprivation
and marginalisation of certain sections of society like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'