RSS ideologue disputes Agnivesh`s views on Naxalism
Thiruvananthapuram: RSS ideologue P Parameswarn on Saturday termed as "too simplistic" the opinion of social activist Swami Agnivesh that dialogue was the only way to deal with naxalite violence.
"It is too simplistic and only selectively applicable. There are extremist elements supported by external anti-Indian agencies who are out to destabilise the security of India, intent on spreading separatism," Parameswaran, director of the
Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, said in a statement.
There were also people who had genuine grievances, whom successive governments had neglected and for whom the fruits of developments remained only a dream. They, many times, unwittingly fall into the traps of unscrupulous anti-national forces. Both cannot be clubbed together, he said.
"Dialogue, is no doubt, one of the strategies but not the panacea for naxalite violence. Indian polity from ancient times has prescribed a four-fold approach in such complex situations: Sama (dialogue), Dana (offering gifts), Bheda
(divide the opposing forces) and Danda (crush by force)," he observed.
These four approaches should be judiciously combined by
the rulers to achieve maximum benefit. Mahabharata war could
not be averted even by the master strategist Sri Krishna by
means of dialogue, he observed.
While interacting with journalists here yesterday,
Agnivesh said dialogue was the only way to address the Naxal
issue as that movement largely was the result of deprivation
and marginalisation of certain sections of society like
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends