RSS leader slams `propaganda` linking him to blast suspects
New Delhi: Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar,
whose name has come up in some media reports over alleged
links with Mecca Masjid blasts suspects, Saturday said this
"false propaganda" against him and his organisation was part
of a "deep political conspiracy" to malign nationalists.
"I have had no faith in any violent activity. I condemn
this false propaganda. This is a deep political conspiracy
based on untruth through which nationalists and patriots are
being maligned," Kumar said in a statement.
He alleged that reports in some newspapers and news
channels to link his name and that of the RSS to some violent
(terror) events is an attempt to create confusion.
"It is sad that these reports were sensationalised," he
Kumar insisted that RSS had been engaged in public
education and public service for the past 85 years and he
himself has been active in this field for four decades.
"I am deeply hurt by the dragging of my name and that of
the Sangh in this false propaganda," Kumar said.
He argued that service to the nation was the basic aim of
"As a swayamsewak I have always given importance to
transparency in my life," Kumar said.
Meanwhile, on the attack on a news channel office
yesterday by people who claimed to be Sangh workers, RSS said,
"It was a peaceful demonstration. We are sorry that flower
pots and some small property were damaged.
"We would have been happier had these damages not taken
place," RSS leader Ram Madhav said, adding, though there were
2,000 people there, no one was injured.
He said though several newspapers had reported on the
alleged involvement of Sangh leaders in terror activities,
this news channel had "violated norms of decent journalism".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP