RSS leader slams `propaganda` linking him to blast suspects
New Delhi: Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar,
whose name has come up in some media reports over alleged
links with Mecca Masjid blasts suspects, Saturday said this
"false propaganda" against him and his organisation was part
of a "deep political conspiracy" to malign nationalists.
"I have had no faith in any violent activity. I condemn
this false propaganda. This is a deep political conspiracy
based on untruth through which nationalists and patriots are
being maligned," Kumar said in a statement.
He alleged that reports in some newspapers and news
channels to link his name and that of the RSS to some violent
(terror) events is an attempt to create confusion.
"It is sad that these reports were sensationalised," he
Kumar insisted that RSS had been engaged in public
education and public service for the past 85 years and he
himself has been active in this field for four decades.
"I am deeply hurt by the dragging of my name and that of
the Sangh in this false propaganda," Kumar said.
He argued that service to the nation was the basic aim of
"As a swayamsewak I have always given importance to
transparency in my life," Kumar said.
Meanwhile, on the attack on a news channel office
yesterday by people who claimed to be Sangh workers, RSS said,
"It was a peaceful demonstration. We are sorry that flower
pots and some small property were damaged.
"We would have been happier had these damages not taken
place," RSS leader Ram Madhav said, adding, though there were
2,000 people there, no one was injured.
He said though several newspapers had reported on the
alleged involvement of Sangh leaders in terror activities,
this news channel had "violated norms of decent journalism".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof