RSS leader tells BJP not to `succumb` to mining lobby in Karnataka
Bangalore: In a stern warning to the BJP,
RSS leader Madan Das Devi Sunday said the Karnataka government
should not "succumb to the mining lobby and not allow it to
call the shots".
"No extra constitutional body should control an elected
government. No one can be powerful always", he said without
naming the Reddy brothers -- the state ministers who are in the
eye of a storm in the illegal mining issue.
His warning assumes significance as the BJP has been in a
spot over the illegal mining issue and the Congress going all
out to `expose` the involvement of the Reddy brothers from
Bellary in it.
To another question on the same issue, Devi, speaking
during the I-Day fete at the RSS HQ here said "BJP government
should not compromise on basic (RSS) principles.
On BJP seeking the help of RSS during crisis, he shot
back saying, "Actually we don`t want them to come to us. They
should learn governance in such a way that they do not need
Speaking at the same event after unfurling the tricolour,
the Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat said the nation had failed to
realise the exact cause for the problems in Jammu and Kashmir
even after so many years of Independence and warned that the
unity and integrity of the country was in danger due to
infiltration from across the border.
"Infiltration across the border is causing grave threat
to unity and integrity of the country. We have still failed to
realise the exact cause for the problem in trouble-torn Jammu
and Kashmir", he said.
He said the crux of the problem of India not being able
to rid itself of external and internal threats was due to lack
of unity among the countrymen.
"Being a democratic nation, the responsibility has to be
shared individually by all and we should not point a finger at
the government or politicians. All of us must work together
for the overall prosperity of the nation", he suggested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’