RSS moves court against Rahul Gandhi
Thane: The RSS on Wednesday filed a complaint against Rahul Gandhi in a Maharashtra court over his remarks linking the saffron organisation to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The criminal complaint was filed by Rajesh Kunte, the secretary of RSS unit at Bhiwandi, a powerloom town near here.
Addressing a rally at Sonale in Bhiwandi on March 6, Rahul had said, "RSS people killed Gandhiji."
In his complaint to the court, Kunte said the remarks were defamatory and sought action against the Congress leader.
The BJP has already moved the Election Commission against the Congress vce president.
"I registered a criminal complaint against Rahul Gandhi with the First Class Magistrate Court at Bhiwandi. Through his speech, he has harmed the reputation of our organisation. The remarks were made with an ulterior motive," Kunte told a news agency.
"His allegation, that RSS men killed Mahatma Gandhi, was against the judicial verdict in the case. This is a deliberate attempt for electoral gains," he alleged.
The court is likely to hear the matter on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH