RSS moves court against Rahul Gandhi
Thane: The RSS on Wednesday filed a complaint against Rahul Gandhi in a Maharashtra court over his remarks linking the saffron organisation to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The criminal complaint was filed by Rajesh Kunte, the secretary of RSS unit at Bhiwandi, a powerloom town near here.
Addressing a rally at Sonale in Bhiwandi on March 6, Rahul had said, "RSS people killed Gandhiji."
In his complaint to the court, Kunte said the remarks were defamatory and sought action against the Congress leader.
The BJP has already moved the Election Commission against the Congress vce president.
"I registered a criminal complaint against Rahul Gandhi with the First Class Magistrate Court at Bhiwandi. Through his speech, he has harmed the reputation of our organisation. The remarks were made with an ulterior motive," Kunte told a news agency.
"His allegation, that RSS men killed Mahatma Gandhi, was against the judicial verdict in the case. This is a deliberate attempt for electoral gains," he alleged.
The court is likely to hear the matter on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!