RSS moves court against Rahul Gandhi
Thane: The RSS on Wednesday filed a complaint against Rahul Gandhi in a Maharashtra court over his remarks linking the saffron organisation to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The criminal complaint was filed by Rajesh Kunte, the secretary of RSS unit at Bhiwandi, a powerloom town near here.
Addressing a rally at Sonale in Bhiwandi on March 6, Rahul had said, "RSS people killed Gandhiji."
In his complaint to the court, Kunte said the remarks were defamatory and sought action against the Congress leader.
The BJP has already moved the Election Commission against the Congress vce president.
"I registered a criminal complaint against Rahul Gandhi with the First Class Magistrate Court at Bhiwandi. Through his speech, he has harmed the reputation of our organisation. The remarks were made with an ulterior motive," Kunte told a news agency.
"His allegation, that RSS men killed Mahatma Gandhi, was against the judicial verdict in the case. This is a deliberate attempt for electoral gains," he alleged.
The court is likely to hear the matter on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog