RSS praises Indira for tough stand against terror
New Delhi: RSS has praised late Indira
Gandhi as the only one who had stood her ground against terror
while it took a dig at BJP`s Jaswant Singh for accompanying
Kashmiri terrorists to secure the release of a planeload of
In its editorial on the current hostage crisis in
Odisha, RSS mouthpiece Organiser has said neither the Centre
nor the states have a "well-defined policy" on kidnapping and
"While Indira Gandhi as Prime Minister in 1984 went
ahead and hanged Maqbool Bhat when the Kashmiri terrorists
held the 48-year-old Indian diplomat Ravindra Mhatre as
hostage. He was killed by the terrorists. Since then there has
hardly ever been any instance when the government stood its
ground," the editorial in latest edition of Organiser said.
It has cited examples where the government of the day
bowed before the terrorists in a hostage situation.
"At Kandahar in 1999, the Indian Foreign Minister
Jaswant Singh accompanied top Kashmiri terrorists to secure
the release of a planeload of Indians," the mouthpiece said.
The article also mentions the Rubaiya Sayeed case,
where the daughter of the then Home Minister Mufti Mohammad
Sayeed, was kidnapped in 1989 by Kashmiri extremists and the
government of India had yielded.
The RSS mouthpiece insists that Maoists have used
kidnapping successfully as a means not just for securing the
release of its cadres but also to gain breathing time for
"recouping and regrouping".
The article maintains that a "well-thought out
strategy" needs to be put in place to convey that India is not
a weak state, failing which the whole anti-terror campaign
would become a joke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO