RSS questions `confession` of Aseemanand
New Delhi: Raising questions over the role of investigating agencies, the RSS said it found
"intriguing" that only those persons arrested for alleged links to Hindu radicalism were "confessing" to terror acts, whereas convicted militants like Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru
appeared to be more "tight-lipped" with them.
"...Intriguing that only persons named in alleged Hindu radicalism seem to be making `confessions`. We have not heard of a Kasab or Afzal Guru or captured jehadi, terrorist
making such a confession. Are they so tight-lipped?," the Sangh said in an editorial in its mouth-piece `Organiser`.
The RSS editorial was a reflection on the recent alleged `confession` of Swami Aseemanand, a key accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast that killed nine people, to the CBI.
He was heading the RSS-affiliated Van Vasi Kalyan Ashram, Shabri Dham in Dangs, Gujarat.
Aseemanand has allegedly confessed to playing the role of an ideologue to the terrorists. Besides presiding over terror meetings held in Dangs and Valsad in Gujarat, he also selected Malgeaon, Ajmer Sharif and Hyderabad as terror targets.
The Sangh said in the editorial that if the agencies wanted to really unearth the plot behind the terror strikes, they would not have given "this kind of propaganda to the so-called confession of Aseemanand".
The Sangh termed the "leak" of the "confession" to the media as "politically motivated".
"Before the CBI took over the case, the Hyderabad police named HuJI, the banned outfit, to be behind the Mecca Masjid blast", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users