RSS` Ram Madhav to join BJP, Amit Shah to be party president: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: RSS leader and spokesperson Ram Madhav may join the Bharatiya Janata Party soon. He may either be appointed as the general secretary or be the party spokesperson, as per reports on Monday.
The decision regarding Madhav was supposedly taken in the meeting of the RSS that was held today in Madhya Pradesh,
It is also being said that party general secretary Amit Shah may soon be made the BJP president. As per reports, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given his stamp of approval as far as Shah`s name is concerned.
The name of Amit Shah as BJP president has been doing the rounds for a while now, especially after he was credited with the massive victory that the saffron party got in Uttar Pradesh, winning 73 out of 80 seats along with its allies.
The move to make Shah as the chief of BJP, if it happens, may be aimed with an eye on Assembly elections in various states, this year and the next.
As for Madhav, the official announcement may be made after the BJP president is announced.
Madhav became a full-time worker for RSS in 1981 and has been assigned several key positions in the organization in the past. He has been the national spokesperson of RSS since 2003.
As of now, Union Home Minister Rajnath is continuing as the party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'