RSS` Ram Madhav to join BJP, Amit Shah to be party president: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: RSS leader and spokesperson Ram Madhav may join the Bharatiya Janata Party soon. He may either be appointed as the general secretary or be the party spokesperson, as per reports on Monday.
The decision regarding Madhav was supposedly taken in the meeting of the RSS that was held today in Madhya Pradesh,
It is also being said that party general secretary Amit Shah may soon be made the BJP president. As per reports, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given his stamp of approval as far as Shah`s name is concerned.
The name of Amit Shah as BJP president has been doing the rounds for a while now, especially after he was credited with the massive victory that the saffron party got in Uttar Pradesh, winning 73 out of 80 seats along with its allies.
The move to make Shah as the chief of BJP, if it happens, may be aimed with an eye on Assembly elections in various states, this year and the next.
As for Madhav, the official announcement may be made after the BJP president is announced.
Madhav became a full-time worker for RSS in 1981 and has been assigned several key positions in the organization in the past. He has been the national spokesperson of RSS since 2003.
As of now, Union Home Minister Rajnath is continuing as the party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened