RSS says `saffron terror` an `improper` word
New Delhi: Dubbing the use of the term "saffron terror" as "improper", RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Tuesday said projection of sporadic incidents in a big way smacked of
Interacting with women journalists here, the RSS Sarsanghchalak said the word saffron terror was "improper". There were some individual sporadic and small incidents. They should be investigated and those guilty should be punished," he said.
Bhagwat said even if somebody linked to RSS is found guilty; he can be prosecuted, but asserted that RSS or Hinduism does not sanction violence. He said if such incidents are projected in a big way or such words are used, it smacks of politics. "Phir yeh soch aati hai ki koi politics toh nahi khela ja raha hai, koi chal to nahi chali ja rahi hai (It evokes questions like whether it is part of a political strategy)," he said.
"What message do you want to give to the outside world by using such words. Like some people call Pakistan a rogue nation, do you want India also to be called like that. There should be a sense of responsibility in these matters," Bhagwat said.
"Saffron aur atankwad (and terrorism), Hindu aur atankwad na jamnewali jodi hai (Hindu and terrorism do not gel)," he said.
To a question about organisations like Abhinav Bharat and Ram Sene, he said "we don`t know much about them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan