RSS should declare BJP its political wing: Prem Kataruka
Ranchi: Former BJP leader Prem Kataruka on Tuesday demanded that RSS publicly declare BJP its political wing afer Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat "intervened" in the party affairs to placate LK Advani on Tuesday to end BJP`s internal crisis.
"No person holding an important position should deliver untrue statements, and last year Bhagawat had said there was no relationship between BJP and RSS while addressing a gathering in Ranchi," Kataruka, who quit the BJP in 2009 in protest against alleged sidleining of party workers, said.
Referring to Bhagwat speaking to both BJP President Rajnath Singh and LK Advani to defuse the party crisis, he demanded that the RSS head should withdraw his earlier statement that there was no relation between the RSS and BJP and "openly declare that BJP is the RSS` political wing".
Kataruka was reminding Bhagawat’s speech on October 4 last year when the latter claimed that there was no relation between the BJP and the RSS, and if at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics why should it handover the bridle to others.
Kataruka is now the chief convener of Rastriya Jan Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President