RSS should declare BJP its political wing: Prem Kataruka
Ranchi: Former BJP leader Prem Kataruka on Tuesday demanded that RSS publicly declare BJP its political wing afer Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat "intervened" in the party affairs to placate LK Advani on Tuesday to end BJP`s internal crisis.
"No person holding an important position should deliver untrue statements, and last year Bhagawat had said there was no relationship between BJP and RSS while addressing a gathering in Ranchi," Kataruka, who quit the BJP in 2009 in protest against alleged sidleining of party workers, said.
Referring to Bhagwat speaking to both BJP President Rajnath Singh and LK Advani to defuse the party crisis, he demanded that the RSS head should withdraw his earlier statement that there was no relation between the RSS and BJP and "openly declare that BJP is the RSS` political wing".
Kataruka was reminding Bhagawat’s speech on October 4 last year when the latter claimed that there was no relation between the BJP and the RSS, and if at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics why should it handover the bridle to others.
Kataruka is now the chief convener of Rastriya Jan Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you