RSS should declare BJP its political wing: Prem Kataruka
Ranchi: Former BJP leader Prem Kataruka on Tuesday demanded that RSS publicly declare BJP its political wing afer Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat "intervened" in the party affairs to placate LK Advani on Tuesday to end BJP`s internal crisis.
"No person holding an important position should deliver untrue statements, and last year Bhagawat had said there was no relationship between BJP and RSS while addressing a gathering in Ranchi," Kataruka, who quit the BJP in 2009 in protest against alleged sidleining of party workers, said.
Referring to Bhagwat speaking to both BJP President Rajnath Singh and LK Advani to defuse the party crisis, he demanded that the RSS head should withdraw his earlier statement that there was no relation between the RSS and BJP and "openly declare that BJP is the RSS` political wing".
Kataruka was reminding Bhagawat’s speech on October 4 last year when the latter claimed that there was no relation between the BJP and the RSS, and if at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics why should it handover the bridle to others.
Kataruka is now the chief convener of Rastriya Jan Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened