RSS should remove veil of being cultural outfit: Ramesh
New Delhi: RSS is a political outfit to the core and it should remove the "purdah" of being a cultural organisation, Congress leader Jairam Ramesh said here on Monday.
Accusing the Sangh of spreading "hatred" to polarise votes, Ramesh said it was evident in Muzaffarnagar, "which was just a trailor", and from the BJP`s decision to field Narendra Modi from Varanasi.
"RSS is spreading its cadres to polarise votes in the name of religion," the Union Minister said.
He noted that there were two main pillars to the RSS` strategy.
"One is to project Narendra Modi and ask for votes in his name alone not in the name of candidates. Second is to polarise voters as we saw in Muzaffarnagar which was just a trailor," Ramesh said.
The Congress leader alleged that Sangh was polarising voters especially in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
"It is better to finally remove this purdah (veil) of being a cultural organisation. RSS is deeply a political organisation. It is fundamentally a political organisation with a political agenda of communal polarisation," the Union Minister said.
He termed as "hoax" the RSS` claim that they are a cultural organisation.
"It is a bogus argument," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez