RSS should remove veil of being cultural outfit: Ramesh
New Delhi: RSS is a political outfit to the core and it should remove the "purdah" of being a cultural organisation, Congress leader Jairam Ramesh said here on Monday.
Accusing the Sangh of spreading "hatred" to polarise votes, Ramesh said it was evident in Muzaffarnagar, "which was just a trailor", and from the BJP`s decision to field Narendra Modi from Varanasi.
"RSS is spreading its cadres to polarise votes in the name of religion," the Union Minister said.
He noted that there were two main pillars to the RSS` strategy.
"One is to project Narendra Modi and ask for votes in his name alone not in the name of candidates. Second is to polarise voters as we saw in Muzaffarnagar which was just a trailor," Ramesh said.
The Congress leader alleged that Sangh was polarising voters especially in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
"It is better to finally remove this purdah (veil) of being a cultural organisation. RSS is deeply a political organisation. It is fundamentally a political organisation with a political agenda of communal polarisation," the Union Minister said.
He termed as "hoax" the RSS` claim that they are a cultural organisation.
"It is a bogus argument," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says