RSS slams Chidambaram for `saffron terror` remark
New Delhi: The RSS has slammed Home Minister P Chidambaram for his "saffron terror" remarks saying it has exposed the Congress` strategy of votebank politics.
"It is a political conspiracy for votebank politics to place saffron before Islamic jehad sponsored by Pakistan which has killed thousands of people so far," Sangh mouthpiece
`Panchjanya` said in its latest issue.
The editorial said that by making the remarks at a conference of police chiefs recently, Chidambaram has only exposed the "mentality" of Congress.
"...The 85 percent Hindus of the country should now understand that their interests are not safe under the present government...only a united Hindu power can defeat such
anti-national conspiracies," it said.
It said the same government shied away from linking terror with any particular community despite the role of "Islamic jehad" in the killing of scores of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt