RSS slams Chidambaram for `saffron terror` remark
New Delhi: The RSS has slammed Home Minister P Chidambaram for his "saffron terror" remarks saying it has exposed the Congress` strategy of votebank politics.
"It is a political conspiracy for votebank politics to place saffron before Islamic jehad sponsored by Pakistan which has killed thousands of people so far," Sangh mouthpiece
`Panchjanya` said in its latest issue.
The editorial said that by making the remarks at a conference of police chiefs recently, Chidambaram has only exposed the "mentality" of Congress.
"...The 85 percent Hindus of the country should now understand that their interests are not safe under the present government...only a united Hindu power can defeat such
anti-national conspiracies," it said.
It said the same government shied away from linking terror with any particular community despite the role of "Islamic jehad" in the killing of scores of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened