RSS slams Chidambaram for `saffron terror` remark
New Delhi: The RSS has slammed Home Minister P Chidambaram for his "saffron terror" remarks saying it has exposed the Congress` strategy of votebank politics.
"It is a political conspiracy for votebank politics to place saffron before Islamic jehad sponsored by Pakistan which has killed thousands of people so far," Sangh mouthpiece
`Panchjanya` said in its latest issue.
The editorial said that by making the remarks at a conference of police chiefs recently, Chidambaram has only exposed the "mentality" of Congress.
"...The 85 percent Hindus of the country should now understand that their interests are not safe under the present government...only a united Hindu power can defeat such
anti-national conspiracies," it said.
It said the same government shied away from linking terror with any particular community despite the role of "Islamic jehad" in the killing of scores of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read