RSS slams Digvijay`s statements, calls him `jihadi` supporter
New Delhi: RSS on Tuesday described the statements
of Congress leader Digvijay Singh concerning the 26/11 attacks
as "silly" and accused him of adopting "double standards" when
it came to the issue of agencies investigating terror cases in
"We express our profound sympathies for him. His name
will be registered in annals of history as the greatest
supporter of jihadi forces in India in the 21st century. I
have nothing more to say on his ludicrous statements," senior
RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was speaking in connection with Singh producing
records of the conversation that Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant
Karkare had with him on 26/11, a few hours before he was
killed in the attacks.
Singh has said the officer was under threat from
right-wing groups as he was probing their alleged links in the
Malegaon blast case.
Slamming Singh for his "double standards", the RSS leader
said that when the organisation raised certain questions on
the method of investigations by ATS, the Congress leader
objected to the criticism.
"Whereas, he thinks he has the divine right to go and
attack Madhya Pradesh police and call them foot soldiers of
the RSS... to go and attack Delhi Police in Batla House
encounter and all those who are fighting Maoists. This is
double standards," Madhav said.
Digvijay today said, "I saw no conspiracy in 26/11. Only
Pakistani terrorists were involved in the act and there is no
doubt in that." The other issue was that Karkare had arrested
"RSS-affiliated people" in the Malegaon blast after which BJP
and RSS leaders had brought allegations against him, he said.
He alleged that those arrested in the murder of RSS
activist Sunil Joshi were only "foot soldiers of the RSS" who
carried out the killing for which the orders came from
"above." He said that since police in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh
"cannot investigate" the case, it should be transferred to a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’