RSS slams Rahul`s remarks on Hindu groups
New Delhi: RSS on Friday slammed Rahul Gandhi for his "shocking" remarks against Hindu groups, saying there was a "race" in the senior Congress leadership to project
Hindus as terrorists.
"It is shocking that there is a race in the senior Congress leadership to indirectly or directly support jehadi terror and to project Hindus as terrorists in this country,
that too in gross violation of established diplomatic norms and procedures," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said.
According to WikiLeaks, Gandhi had told US Ambassador Timothy Roemer that growth of radicalised Hindu groups was a bigger threat than Lashkar-e-Toiba.
"Going to a foreign ambassador and talking with him about India`s international issues is most shocking. It only betrays utter lack of knowledge of Indian reality as well as
lack of knowledge of government diplomatic practices in a person who aspires to be whatever in this country tomorrow," Madhav said.
He alleged that Gandhi was making "wild charges" against Hindus.
WikiLeaks has exposed how Congress has no qualms in using religion and caste and exploiting these sentiments for electoral gains, he alleged.
"There is no secret now about Congress` politics of religion," he said.
The RSS leader was referring to Roemer`s predecessor David Mulford`s remarks, who had said that Congress planned to polarise the electorate on religious and caste lines to gain votes, according to WikiLeaks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH