RSS slams Rahul`s remarks on Hindu groups
New Delhi: RSS on Friday slammed Rahul Gandhi for his "shocking" remarks against Hindu groups, saying there was a "race" in the senior Congress leadership to project
Hindus as terrorists.
"It is shocking that there is a race in the senior Congress leadership to indirectly or directly support jehadi terror and to project Hindus as terrorists in this country,
that too in gross violation of established diplomatic norms and procedures," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said.
According to WikiLeaks, Gandhi had told US Ambassador Timothy Roemer that growth of radicalised Hindu groups was a bigger threat than Lashkar-e-Toiba.
"Going to a foreign ambassador and talking with him about India`s international issues is most shocking. It only betrays utter lack of knowledge of Indian reality as well as
lack of knowledge of government diplomatic practices in a person who aspires to be whatever in this country tomorrow," Madhav said.
He alleged that Gandhi was making "wild charges" against Hindus.
WikiLeaks has exposed how Congress has no qualms in using religion and caste and exploiting these sentiments for electoral gains, he alleged.
"There is no secret now about Congress` politics of religion," he said.
The RSS leader was referring to Roemer`s predecessor David Mulford`s remarks, who had said that Congress planned to polarise the electorate on religious and caste lines to gain votes, according to WikiLeaks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi