RSS` veiled attack on Congress on `saffron terror`
Vadodara: In a veiled attack on Congress,
RSS on Saturday charged utterances of some leaders about saffron and
majority terrorism provided fuel to certain international
forces` attempt to brand it as a terror outfit.
Addressing a public meeting here, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
alleged there "is a well-planned international conspiracy to
brand RSS as a terrorist organisation".
The international community associates terrorism with
Pakistan and not with India but utterances of several leaders
provide fuel to certain international forces` calling RSS as
an terrorist outfit, said Bhagwat without naming anyone.
The RSS chief`s remarks came in the backdrop of recent
utterances by party general secretary Digvijay Singh about
RSS` alleged links with terror and Wikileaks revealation of
Rahul Gandhi conveying to the US Amabassador to India that
terrorism of the majority might emerge as a bigger threat than
that of groups like LeT.
Claiming RSS and violence were poles apart and that
non-violence is the base of the organisation, he said "taking
advantage of the situation, some people started talking about
Hindu terrorism. But after realising that it will result in an
outrage, they renamed it as saffron terrorism and now talk of
"bahusankhyak" (majority) terrorism", he said.
"It is because several forces wedded to other
ideologies have started losing their grip, hold and influence
amongst the people in the country", the RSS leader said.
Bhagwat said RSS would cooperate with investigating
agencies probing several cases, including the Malegaon blast
and claimed it would come out clean.
Bhagwat asked RSS` opponents and critics not to brand it
as a terrorist organisation and said the Sangh has decided to
tell the people what the reality is.
"We will fight it out in the court, publicise our view
and will reach out to the people and tell them the reality,"
Bhagwat said the problem was not for RSS only but the
entire Hindu society as an effort was being made to demoralise
them by spreading canard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read