RSS, VHP, Bajrang Dal spreading hatred in country: Alvi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In what is likely to evoke sharp reactions from the main opposition BJP, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi on Friday alleged that its parent body, the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS), and its affiliate organisations are spreading hatred in the country.
Talking to reporters in the national capital, Alvi said, “I can`t say whether RSS is involved in making bombs or not, but I can say that the RSS and its affiliate organisations like the VHP and the Bajrang Dal are spreading hatred in the country/.”
He made this remark while reacting to a similar statement made by his Congress colleague Digvijay Singh.
“I have not read Digvijaya Singh`s statement as to what exactly he said. But whatever one says, everyone knows that even the killer of Mahatama Gandhi belonged to the RSS,” Alvi said.
The war of words between the Congress and the BJP started after a Delhi trial court yesterday ruled that the Batla House encounter was genuine and held the lone accused Shahjad Ahmad guilty of killing a police officer, which prompted the BJP to demand an apology from Digvijay Singh, who had earlier called the police operation as fake.
Reacting to that Singh had tweeted, “Respecting verdict of court, I still say that I was right in demanding a judicial inquiry then. Whatever I said was after lot of thinking, based on facts.”
“I was a CM in 2002. In Mhow temple bomb blasts, 6 RSS/VHP activists were named, 4 were arrested, 2 absconded. This reaffirmed my assertion that the RSS is involved in spreading hatred. My fight with the BJP is of different ideologies”, Singh added.
He also categorically refused to tender an apology to the BJP in this regard.
“At least in this life I won`t apologize to BJP,” Singh had tweeted.
This evoked sharp reaction from BJP leader Varun Gandhi who said, “The country won`t benefit from such statements.”
His senior colleague Balbir Punj also tweeted, “Singh is bringing in issues which has no relevance today to divert attention of ppl frm other things.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’